Below are listings of the current job openings at Oran High School. Applications can be picked up in Superintendent, Elementary or High School offices or printed from the website.
Maintenance / Head Custodian Position Description
Oran R-3 School District
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment on campus including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, painting and HVAC.
• Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
• Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting and taking care of scheduling repairs.
• General maintenance on HVAC (changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units on a regular basis).
• Servicing kitchen, appliances, emergency equipment, and reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
• Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
• General daily custodial upkeep of grounds and facilities, performing all duties of custodian as requested by Superintendent/Principals. Perform other duties and assume responsibilities the Superintendent/Principals may assign.
• Maintain ongoing inventory list of tools and supplies needed for maintenance/custodians.
• Reports to Superintendent and Building Principals.
• Oversee duties of evening custodians.
• Ability to efficiently use various power and hand tools.
Skills and Specifications
• Ability to operate all lawn machinery.
• Willing to follow oral and written instructions.
• Willing to obey oral and written school policies and procedures.
• Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds.
• Ability to operate Forklift, Backhoe, and Lift, not mandatory, but a plus.
• Degree or high school education in any field from an accredited college desired.
Education and Qualifications
• A valid Missouri driver’s license.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check.
• Must obtain CDL & School Bus Driver License.
• Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases.
• Starting hourly wage – negotiable due to experience, skills and training.
• Board pays approximately 80% of health insurance.
• PEERS Retirement (Public School Education & Employee Retirement System).
• 2 Weeks annual vacation (3 weeks after 15 years).
• 10 Paid Holidays and 12 Personal/sick days per year, accumulative up to 60 days.